After staring in amazement over these tiny hands and feet, I could not help but think of a song that I loved when I was growing up. It is "Beautiful Feet" by Sandi Patty. I googled Sandi Patty, Friendship Company (the album) and Beautiful Feet to death. The album is not even on Itunes, which is so sad because of all of the memories it has for me. However, in my search I remembered another wonderful song that I also love. It has various artists, but the title is "How beautiful". I can only pray that this little boy will one day be able to use his hands and feet to serve his Creator.
How Beautiful
How Beautiful the hands that served
The Wine and the Bread and the sons of the earth
How beautiful the feet that walked
The long dusty roads and the hill to the cross
How Beautiful, how beautiful, how beautiful is the body of Christ
How Beautiful the heart that bled
That took all my sin and bore it instead
How beautiful the tender eyes
That choose to forgive and never despise
How beautiful, how beautiful, how beautiful is the body of Christ
And as He lay down His life
We offer this sacrifice
That we will live just as He died
Willing to pay the price
Willing to pay the price
How Beautiful the radiant bride
Who waits for her Groom with His light in her eyes
How Beautiful when humble hearts give
The fruit of pure lives so that others may live
How beautiful, how beautiful, how beautiful is the body of Christ
How beautiful the feet that bring
The sound of good news and the love of the King
How Beautiful the hands that serve
The wine and the bread and the sons of the Earth
How Beautiful, how beautiful, how beautiful is the body of Christ
"How, then can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, 'How beautiful are the feet of those who bring the good news!'" Romans 10: 14-16
No comments:
Post a Comment