Thursday, January 10, 2008

Wii or not to Wii....

Well...

Ryan and I have been looking for a Wii for quite some time. I have never looked for a "game" with such vigor. I know every customer service rep in the electronics department at Walmart, Circuit City, and Best Buy. As for EBay and the Internet - I look several times a day and have signed up for Wii alerts (which sends you email's and text messages when the Wii's are available online - even at 3 am!) The crazy thing is I am not even for sure if I am going to be able to play this piece of machinery. The last time I really played video games regularly, is when my family first got a Nintendo and Super Mario Brothers was the game to beat. It was so easy! 4 buttons, 2 dimensional, simple plot. Now, I just look at the controller, hit a whole lot of buttons and pray that I am actually going in the right direction. Ryan assures me that the Wii is very simple and that I will enjoy games like Guitar Hero, Tiger Woods Golf and the new version of Super Mario Brothers. He said they are similar to the real thing, which is what makes it so fun. So, I am trusting him and thus looking for this console like crazy. All I have to say in the end is, it better be worth it! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Andra! You finally have enabled comments! :)
Anyways, you will love the Wii! We played it with the bowling game at my uncle's over T-giving and it was so much fun. Beth and Jesse are also looking for one right now.
We got Dance Dance Revolution for Christmas and we're having a blast with that. It's a good cardio/aerobic workout too!
How is everything there? No prego pics to show? C'mon! :)
How's the job hunt?

diane said...

keep on searching! it's worth it! let us know when you find it!

Unknown said...

try these sites:

http://www.nowinstock.net/wii/
http://azgrabber.com/

amazon is usually your best bet, if you're looking just for the console.